When you think about it, marriage is a miracle. Of all the billions of people in the world, you found someone who compliments you, who knows your weaknesses and loves you for them. You found someone who is willing to fight through life with you. But just like it was a miracle for you to meet, it often seems like it requires a miracle to keep a happy marriage going.
God made his view of marriage apparent when he observed this of Adam: "And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him."
He knows marriage can challenge someone to become a better person, and God, the creator and greatest supporter of marriage, will help you keep that miracle going when you both kneel together and ask him for help. If you're not sure where to start, try praying for these specific blessings over your marriage:
1. Pray in gratitude for the things your spouse does each day
2. Pray for both of you to have more charity
3. Pray for both of you to have more patience
4. Pray for the ability to forgive
5. Pray for help in an intimate and close relationship
6. Pray for your spouse to receive help for that challenge he or she is worrying about
7. Pray for God to bless your marriage
8. Pray to be able to see the good in each other
9. Pray for strength to stay away from temptation
"Be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the Lord." - Isaiah 52:11
10. Pray to be able to see the needs of your spouse
11. Pray for help in communicating with one another
12. Pray to remember he is your best friend
13. Pray for opportunities to serve other people as a couple
14. Pray for faith
"Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved - you and your household." - Acts 16:31
Amberlee is the content manager for FamilyShare.com and earned a degree in journalism. She creates beautiful things with her experience in writing, graphic design, photography, video and music. She loves her family, the outdoors, baby foxes and podcasts.