The snake wasn't just a common carpet python — it was an eastern brown snake. Tony told Inside Edition, "It's the second-most venomous land animal on the planet with a fairly short fuse ... It was a very dangerous situation for the kids of the house."
According to Business Insider, the eastern brown snake accounts for approximately 60 percent of snake bite related deaths in Australia. They think that the snake made its way in through the garage and to the lego toy set.
Brooke and Tony were able to capture the snake and relocate it to Gosford Reptile Park, where, according to Inside Edition, "Its venom will be extracted to create anti-venom."
While this family was able to escape the dangers of the venomous snake, it's important to be careful in your own home. Snakes are really great at hiding, so it's important to check your homes every once in awhile and keep your family safe. This is especially important if you life in an area where snakes are common — like Australia.
Watch the snake catchers pick up this snake and rescue the family with their bare hands:
Lindsey loves traveling and shopping, and her favorite place in the whole world is Disneyland. She also loves spending time with her family and cute husband. She is studying Professional and Technical Writing and is part of the content team for FamilyShare.