A study on love went viral in 2015 when Dr. Aron explored the possibility of jump-starting intimacy between two strangers by having them ask each other a set of 36 personal questions. The questions were split into three sets, starting off with mildly personal questions and building up to deeper ones.
Though the questions were designed for strangers to fall in love, many couples who had been together for years wanted in on the challenge too. Now it's time to try out our new set of 36 questions made especially for all you married folk out there. Cozy on up next to your spouse and get ready to open up, reconnect and fall in love all over again.
1. How would you describe your spouse's sense of humor?
2. What famous person does your spouse remind you of?
3. Name a habit your spouse does that you think is cute.
4. If your options for your next weekend date were limitless, what would you choose to do?
5. Would you describe your life together as peaceful, comfortable and quiet or exciting, fast-paced and crazy?
6. Given a choice of anywhere in the world, where would you want to travel with your spouse tomorrow?
7. Who do you think will outlive the other? Why?
8. Name the attribute of your spouse you find the most sexy.
9. For what in your marriage do you feel the most grateful?
10. If you could change anything about your wedding day, what would it be?
11. Take four minutes and tell your spouse your love story (from first sight to now) in as much detail as possible.
12. What is one childhood memory you've never told your spouse about before?
13. What was going through your head the first time you met your spouse?
14. Is there something you've wished the two of you would do together for a long time? Why haven't you done it?
15. First, quietly think to yourself what you consider to be your greatest accomplishment and what you consider is your spouse's greatest accomplishment. Then share them together and see if either match up.