Once you get all the small talk out of the way, then what? Most people feel an instant connection by figuring out something they have in common with their date. But what if the conversation stalls? How can you find out if you both have that spark when neither of you are talking?
Here are 50 questions that will keep the conversation flowing on a first date. And no, asking the other person what their favorite color isn't on the list. These are questions you ask after you've learned all the basics:
1. What is your favorite childhood memory?
2. How is your relationship with your mom?
3. If you could travel to any place in the world, where would you go and why?
4. What do you normally do when you get mad? (Ex: I normally go for a drive to cool off.)
5. Do you believe in aliens?
6. What moment were you most proud of yourself in your life?
7. If you could meet anyone from the past who would you choose?
8. If you were a millionaire what would you do with your money?
9. If a genie offered you three wishes, what would you wish for?
10. Dogs or cats?
11. Are you a morning person?
12. Do you bite into ice cream or lick it?
13. Do you have any odd family traditions?
14. What is your biggest pet peeve?
15. If you were to go to a concert, who would you want to see?
Haven't found that connect yet? Keep asking
16. What was the most embarrassing moment of your life?
17. If I asked you to cook me dinner, what would you make?
18. If you could jump into a pool of anything what would you choose?
19. Have you ever been heartbroken, what happened? (If he doesn't mind you asking.)
20. Did you enjoy or hate school?
21. Sweet or spicy?
22. Do you have a favorite superhero?
23. What food do you hate?
24. Did your parents ever give you a nickname? (Ex: Mine was Wookiepooh)
25. What are you most passionate about?
26. Do you think Bigfoot is real?
27. Do you consider yourself ambitious?
28. What do you think about our government, who would you want to run the country?
29. Tell me about your best friend; when did you both meet?
30. Is there a vegetable that you absolutely hate?
31. Did you grow up watching Disney?
32. Avengers or The Justice League?
33. Are you okay with splitting the check sometimes?
34. If you could have any superpower what would you choose, and why?
37. How is your life different than you thought it would be at this age?
Need more to keep you talking through dessert? Ask away!
38. Do you have a collection of anything unique?
39. What was your first impression of me when you saw me?
40. What are your insecurities?
41. What is your biggest fear in life?
42. Have you ever been in love before?
43. Are you friends with any of your former girlfriends/boyfriends?
44. What do you think is your strongest attribute?
45. Ask him how he feels about something you specifically love. (Ex: Do you dance?)
46. Who was your first crush that you ever had?
47. Apple or Android?
48. Are you looking for marriage, if so, then what do you want your future wife to be like?
49. Any funny stories about broken bones?
50. How often do you call your parents?
The point of the first date is to find some common ground and see if you both woudl enjoy another date together. Start off with some ice breakers and find common ground to keep you both comfortable. After asking some unique questions, you will likely find something you both like talking about and get a good feel of who your date is. Just remember to be yourself and he will follow your lead and do the same.
Liset was raised in Panama but now calls Florida home. She graduated in communications and is now working towards her master's degree. Liset is very outspoken and outgoing. She enjoys anything that involves the ocean, soccer or dancing.