Marriage is amazing but that doesn't mean its glamorous and breathtaking 100 percent of the time. It takes patience, conscious effort, sacrifice and a whole lot of romantic creativity for two people to continue loving each other.
While women are usually better (OK, always) at the above-mentioned requirements, here are 13 real ways every husband can make his wife fall in love with him all over again.
DISCLAIMER: You won't find any generic "spend more time with her" suggestions in this article. Those common sense ideas are important, but they're overly vague and lack the creativity found within successful marriages.
1. Sit down and write a list of things you admire about your wife. Then stick it in an envelope and put it in the mailbox where she can find it.
2. Take a night off work without telling her and take her to her favorite restaurant or cook her favorite meal for dinner.
3. Print off some old pictures of when you were dating each other and leave them around the house along with a note attached describing your memories of each picture.
4. Invite your wife's friends over and throw her a surprise party for no reason other than the fact that you love her.
5. Sign the both of you up for lessons to learn how to do a certain hobby that she's interested in.
6. Write new marriage vows about how much more you love your wife than when you married her and how excited you are for the rest of your lives together.
7. Read her favorite book to her every night before going to bed.
8. Literally "shower her with compliments" by writing a bunch of compliments on little pieces of folded paper and stick them all inside of her favorite hat. The next time she puts it on she'll love reading all of the little papers that fall out.
9. Randomly serve her by washing her car or cleaning something around the house that she would normally do.
10. Surprise her with an unexpected weekend road trip to somewhere she's always wanted to go.
Alex recently graduated with a degree in public relations and is now working as an intern helping to produce content for FamilyShare.com. Apart from writing, he enjoys sports, backpacking and spending time with his amazing family.