In a society that values Botox more than health, it is no surprise that increasing depression rates and plummeting self-image in women are the results. Sadly, a large number of women question and doubt the inherent beauty of their body and personal value. Too much emphasis is placed on what the mirror tells us about physical beauty, and that our value in society is determined by that judgment.
You know your wife has more value than what a piece of glass says. She wants to be beautiful for you, but she also wants assurances that her inner beauty is worth more.
Try sending some of these texts to your sweetheart to bring a smile to her heart today.
1. "Save those dirty dishes for me tonight. You work too hard and deserve a break!"
You're probably laughing about how un-romantic those words are, but you are wrong. Women want to feel appreciated. They do work hard and often feel their efforts go unnoticed. The fact that you have paid attention and want to step in to help will most definitely bring a smile to her lips. Want to score even more points? Text, "I'm bringing dinner home tonight!"
2. "Is there anything I can pick up for you on the way home from work tonight?"
Are you noticing a trend here? Your wife has a lot on her plate and any errand you can run for her eases her burden and increases her love for you. Even if she says she doesn't need anything, you've scored major points just for asking!
3. "Have I mentioned lately how much I love your gorgeous eyes? I'm thinking about them right now and it's making my heart skip a beat."
Sound corny? She'll eat it up — guaranteed.
4. "I watched you sleep this morning before you woke up. It reminded me how lucky I am to have you in my life."
She will never get tired of hearing sweet words like that. Women often wonder if their husband's eyes are wandering. Any time you can assure her that you're here to stay is a wise investment in your marriage.
5. "Thank you for everything you do for our family. I'm the happiest man alive."
She wants to make you happy. Sometimes homemakers feel less valuable than their money-making husbands. She wants to know that you recognize her valuable contributions to the family, and how they make a difference to your family's finances. Want to make her laugh? Text, "I was looking at our budget today and noticed you're not spending enough money. What can I buy you?"
6. "In case no one else says it to you, I just wanted to let you know that you're having a great hair day! You are the most beautiful woman in the world."
While she wants to be recognized for her inner beauty, she also wants you to think she's beautiful. Any time you can compliment her on something specific, she'll beam with joy. You can't lose by simply texting, "You look gorgeous today."
7. "How did I ever convince you to marry me? I'm the luckiest man in the world."
Who doesn't want to be adored by their spouse? She wants to feel like she is a highly valued prize. Let her know that your life is better with her in it and she'll work even harder to make you happy. Another text that works is, "I can't imagine my life without you."
8. "You're a great wife, busy mom and hard worker. So I'm wondering, how do you still manage to look so young and beautiful? You're a knock-out."
Seriously, what woman wouldn't want to be told this? The more texts like this you send to her, the more love you will get in return. It's a win-win!
9. "You are so beautiful inside and out. You make me want to be a better man."
A funny paradox is that a man marries a girl, hoping she'll never change. A girl marries a man, hoping he will change. A woman can always see a man's potential and she hopes that she's the one who can inspire the man to become even better. She wants to know that she motivates and lifts you to great heights. Another text that warms every woman's heart is, "I'm sorry. I was wrong." Even if you don't know what you did wrong, those words will turn an ice-cold greeting at the door tonight into a warm, loving one. Ultimately, does it matter who's at fault? It's better to be happy than right anyway.
10. "I love you."
Three words; a lifetime of happiness. She can never hear those words enough.